Tuesday 6 May 2014

France 2014

Hello! My apologies for neglecting you these past couple of months. My excuse? Just busy, busy, busy trying to get myself sorted out after discontinuing the publication of my Watercolour Gazette magazine.

I thought it would be fun to get back to blogging by sharing my upcoming trip to France with Linda Kemp. Here is the first edition. The picture above shows a sketchbook/journal that I made by tearing sheets of Aquarius II watercolour paper into a size that would be handy for journaling.

I made the front and back covers with Arches 300lb cold pressed watercolour paper. The paper was coloured with acrylics and inks, then the images were collaged in place using matte medium. Rubber stamps were applied to the bottom right of the larger picture.

When the cover was ready I took all the parts to Staples where they put the book together with a plastic coil. The coil is big enough to allow things to be glued into the book.

My pens are Pigma Micron with different size nibs. I am also taking along some pieces of watercolour paper, ATC size papers, watercolour pencils and watercolours. My plan is to fill my journal with drawings and paintings while I am in France, and to also do paintings on the extra pieces of paper. I hope to share my work with you as the days go by. If this proves too difficult then I will put samples of my work on here when I return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment